Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cook Week 2009

I started this New Years with a cooking resolution: Each week I'll cook at least one new recipe that pushes me out of my element.

Like most, I am a home chef. I have no formal training, and most of the recipes I have are either passed down from the family or taken from a limited library of cookbooks. More than anything else I find myself making simple Italian pasta dishes such as Fettuccine Alfredo. As delicious as that dish is, it is not very inventive. Which leads me back to the resolution.

My goal is to follow the resolution by cooking a new recipe each week and writing about the miscellaneous cooking news, products, and anything interested related to cooking. Feel free to read and cook along. My only hope is that I can do this without burning my house down.

See you in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment